Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I love Ty Bears!

I love Ty Bears!! I know I'm a little grown-up to have teddy bears but I only collect them.











Since childhood, I have been collecting stuff toys thru'out my regular travels (my Mom was a teacher & I was fortunate to travel to the US, Europe & many other countries every June & Dec holidays, even when I was a child) and I managed to build a collection of more than 30, all in different shapes & sizes. I had a large made-in-USA Mickey Mouse, Harrods bear from London, a baby lamb plush from Australia, Smurf, Garfield, Mo-Guai (the cutesy one b4 it turns gremlins), a very adorable bear from Japan,etc.

One day after booking out from National Service, I came home to find my entire closet of stuff toys GONE!!
I asked my Mom where have they gone.....
She said,"You so BIG already, still keep stuff toys for what? I gave it all to your young cousins!"
OMG!! It was one of the most traumatic things ever in my Life!
There were so much memories & sentimental value to them!
It took me awhile to get over it..... and I still do miss & think about it.....
cos its was still very much a part of my childhood.

Ever since then, thru my 20's I've started to rebuild a small modest collection. Now I probably have a dozen, mostly small ones, which are mostly gifts from friends.
I happen to have 3 Ty Bears.











Left-Right: Grizzwald, Herald & Valentina.
Grizzwald is my fave!
He is always with me thru'out every stay in hospital.
Herald is like a guardian angel.
Valentina is I think a valentine's edition.
But I love the entire Ty collection!
They come in an assortment of other animals. All with names & birthdates!
And there are limited editions or special hollday editions.

their website to view more
http://www.ty.com/newhomein?custid=&r=1172055598


No comments: